Tuesday, October 9, 2007

all the writing on the way to the writing



This week is shaping up to be all about sharing writing-the SF Song Collective is meeting at my place later tonight, Songsalive! Wednesday and Lit Crawl on Saturday.
The logistics of Lit Crawl are pretty astounding--more than 200 authors reading snippets of their work in venues throughout the Mission for three hours. I'm glad to be included in the last hour so I will have time to check out some of the other authors. Think of all the writing on the way to the writing that actually makes its way to public consumption. How many words were written to get to all the work that's getting an audience this week? All those notebooks and laptop files.... Kind of daunting! Thankfully there's going to be an afterparty.

...due to a new work schedule, my yoga-practice moonlighting continues. Yesterday was another Anusara class @ Yoga Tree. Truth be told, I've been enjoying trying new sequences and postures whose names I don't have memorized. I felt like a slug to start then had a breakthrough with some sort of pigeon variation. Yoga is just like all the writing on the way to the writing. Yah never know when inspiration is going to strike.

No comments: