Monday, October 1, 2007

Cornelia Parker @ De Young, etc.


I was happy to see Cornelia Parker's "Anti-Mass" was recently acquired by the De Young during my latest visit yesterday. I caught her exhibit at Yerba Buena a couple of years ago. Only wish they placed the work in the center of the room (the photo is from a previous show). Must have been hell to install....

also talked to singer/songwriter/jazz gal and pal Jean last night who just wrapped up some sessions in L.A. She's playing a "soul-lo" show as she puts it next Sunday at Bazaar Cafe. I may do a guest turn on a song or two...

According to three sources I made the KRON news Friday night and during a Sunday rebroadcast representing the peaceful Critical Mass participants. I was interviewed while I was waiting for the event to roll off. I was glad the quote that survived the q&a was "I believe cyclists and cars can co-exist."

No comments: