Thursday, October 11, 2007

songs and such

Steven had the stage set by 7pm last night for the monthly Songsalive! showcase featuring myself, Gregory Lee, Alex Walsh, Az Samad, Shelley Leong, and Quentin Cain from Sacramento. We’ve been at the venue for nearly a year now, and the evening has turned into warm, convivial event. It was an especially strong night. I played a never-before-played-in-public tune as well as Believe, Whole Long List and stalwart Adding Water to the Ashes. The first and the latter have been recorded and I’m just awaiting Ben’s mixes on Believe.
Everyone was stellar, with an extra tip of the hat to the new-to-me Az and Leong. The two, who play as a duo and solo, very recently moved to the states from Malaysia and they wowed. Az’s playing reminded me of the late Michael Hedges... I’m back on the Trieste calendar for third Sundays which will be good prep for shows later in the month and November. …
On the home front, The Boulangerie finally opened on Hayes St. (the whole process has rankled the local business community but truth be told they did a nice job of it) so now there’s a row of cafĂ© chairs and tables nearly leading to my doorstep.

Glad to see Tim Miller is coming back through SF to teach a weekend at YOGASTUDIO San Francisco. If you're an Ashtangi, this is a can't miss.

No comments: