Friday, January 4, 2008

should we talk about the weather?


"Should we talk about the weather? (Hi...hi, hi)/Should we talk about the government? (Hi...hi, hi, hi)" — R.E.M, "Pop Song 89" from Green.

Not my favorite song , but those lyrics kind of sum up a lot of my day, the weather foiling my a.m. commute and dampening the day. Like most of San Francisco, my efforts to be responsible and get to work in time, well...annoying. I left a post-yoga practice conference and tea early (after 6:30 a.m. led practice to commemorate the teaching stint of Noah and Kimberly Williams there), only to get on a bus that wouldn't run, walked six blocks through the Lower Haight in wind and rain, missed a call with our solar accounts PR person, and settled and hour and change later for a good breakfast and newspaper session (lots o talk about the government:Obama, et. al in New Hampshire) at Le Boulangerie.... finnally got to work at home to find my other college band of favor, R.E.M. is playing at this year's SXSW, where I'll be in March for work and play .... It's not just me wanting to ignore my age, the '80s do seem to be back in action. "Hi...hi, hi, hi"...

No comments: