Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Koilos in the Green?


When I moved into Hayes Valley, there was a installation of a David Best pagoda made of plywood, in the middle of the the Green (now called Patricia's Green). Best made many a Temple at Burning Mans past, where they were ceremoniously torched at the end of the desert event of art and transformation. Soon, the latest issues of The Hayes Valley Voice tells me, we'll have another Burning Man derived piece of art in the green, in the form of a new art installation, a piece by Michael Christian, Koilos. Made of polished steel, it's not so flammable as Best's work and may be the original (I'm speculating here). It's also in final approval...I'm casting my vote to get it here. Art, music and events in the Green are part of what makes me love my neighborhood that much more...as is walking out of my house this a.m. and having four separate conversations with different neighbors between my doorstep and Muni! That's a nice welcome to the day. You can get more info at www.hayesvalleysf.org.
In other neighborhood news, I'm playing at Cafe La Vie, April 20, with Alex Walsh. Come on down.

1 comment:

Madeline BB said...

Koilos will appear at Patricia's Green now the first week of May.
On April 19th, there will be a Chain Link Fence Art Show from 10 to 4 with the fence fees going to the John Muir Elementary School Arts Program. Contact:madelinebb@sbcglobal.net
Hope to see you at your April 20th gig, kudos. Madeline/co-steward of Patricia's Green/co-founder of HVAC; Hayes Valley Art Coalition bringing sculptures to P.'s Green, sponsoring the 3rd Saturday monthly Chain Link Fence art shows and supporting arts education.