Sunday, March 2, 2008

playing, etc.

"If everyone asked themselves 'what can I do?' just think of all the progress that would be made," —Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

The Trieste gig on Friday was fun. Very different to play in the round and bounce off one another but it worked: by night's end, Jean Alex and I were either playing on, or singing along woth each other's tunes. And I'm psyched to have spent the weekend recording tracks for three new songs. Musicians, producers, engineers and studio managers, oh my!
Amid all the music biz; however, I had a chance to see Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ("the guru of joy") in conversation with Michael Krasny at the Masonic which fortified Sunday's efforts in the studio. In addition to talking about inner peace and grassroots humanitarianism to a full hall, Shankar fielded a slew of questions from the audience as well as Krasny.
"Who would you vote for of the American candidates?" K. asked,
"You want me to endorse someone?" Shankar laughed, then put it back into a bigger-mind perspective "As soon as you say you're Democrat or Republican or... you are no longer free."

No comments: