Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering

It's impossible not to think back to this day 11 years ago when most of us got a huge wake up call in impermanence. I thought then, walking around NYC, never again will I take anything for granted, pinching myself to remind myself I was alive despite the chaos. I wish I could say that I succeeded with my intention 100% amid all of these 11 years. But today I'm reminded. Reminded that survival is always liberating in the moment, pumped with adrenaline, agape at the fact that somehow, through some grace, you got another day. The challenging part is to be grateful, in every moment, boring, challenging, thrilling or otherwise. Today, I'm reminded, to be grateful. And to challenge myself that much more.  

...in the meantime, as I take day-by-day steps on my next set of recordings, I'm inspired to listen to Sean Hayes's latest greatness. Check it out:

SEAN HAYES | BEFORE WE TURN TO DUST | NEW ALBUM - OUT SEPTEMBER 11, 2012

No comments: