Tuesday, October 1, 2013

FarWest, MEOW & Little Bird





Aside from governmental wranglings, I hope you're enjoying this time of year as much as I am: Indian Summer is in full effect here in the SF Bay Area, birds are migrating and I'm just about ready to release Little Bird, the new 11-song CD I worked on much of the past year with producer, arranger and maestro extraordinare Art Khu. The CD is getting replicated as I write this (!) and the official release date is November 5. Woo-hoo! I'm really happy with how it sounds and how it looks (Harper Design Group did the graphics -see the cover above) and I'm that much more pleased and excited to get it into your hands. You can pre-order it HERE or find it at one of the shows later in the month.  
In the meantime, I've been enjoying the approaching season by playing lots of music around the Bay Area, at private functions and at home while gearing up for some travel this month to two talent-packed conferences.
First up, is the Far-West Folk Alliance Conference in Irvine. I'll be at the conference Oct. 11-12, playing a bunch of PGS rooms and soaking up all the other voices  who will be singing, playing and otherwise sharing their musical selves. Give a shout if you'll be there.
Two weeks later, I'm heading to one of my favorite cities, Austin, Texas, to perform at MEOW Con Oct. 24-26. The brainchild of music pioneer Carla DeSantis Black, who also founded the late-great RockerGirl Magazine, MEOW stands for Musicians For Equal Opportunities For Women, and is dedicated to addressing "the needs and challenges of women in the music industry today and to esnure women have a voice at every level of their music career." Thanks Carla!
And thank YOU for your interest in and appreciation for original music. There's a lot of shows coming up and I hope to see you at one or more of them.  www.deborahcrooks.com

No comments: