I never made it to the Sangati Center last night-Stephanie Agresta's post-work happy hour call at House of Shields led to the Laughing Squid 12th Anniversary party @Varnish Fine Art (a gallery I can see from the TCG window) and home, rather than the Mission was my last stop. I met a slew of new folks including James Rocchi, an Ontario-born writer and critic. Our talk inevitably led to Alice Munro, my heroine of the short story form, so I just picked up her collection "Runaway." I'm going to hunker down with it instead of writing up another topic of discussion I had @ Varnish (the image is by gallery rep'ed artist Ana Bagayan) w/a musician and NON-fan of social media. He was definitely the odd one in the bunch; however, the conversation gave me much food for thought about the merits and minuses of social media...we know about each other more than ever...or do we?
Saturday, November 17, 2007
happy hours
I never made it to the Sangati Center last night-Stephanie Agresta's post-work happy hour call at House of Shields led to the Laughing Squid 12th Anniversary party @Varnish Fine Art (a gallery I can see from the TCG window) and home, rather than the Mission was my last stop. I met a slew of new folks including James Rocchi, an Ontario-born writer and critic. Our talk inevitably led to Alice Munro, my heroine of the short story form, so I just picked up her collection "Runaway." I'm going to hunker down with it instead of writing up another topic of discussion I had @ Varnish (the image is by gallery rep'ed artist Ana Bagayan) w/a musician and NON-fan of social media. He was definitely the odd one in the bunch; however, the conversation gave me much food for thought about the merits and minuses of social media...we know about each other more than ever...or do we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment