Friday, January 30, 2009

Music, moving, tweeting




In the middle of packing up for a move across town, I've been pit-stopping at many of my friend's shows at Cafe Du Nord (in the space of a week, I saw Abel with his latest band, then a few days later,  Yoon Ki playing violin with the Pine Box Boys, followed another couple days later by Ben on bass with JL Stiles); Thee Parkside (Corry with The Harkenbacks followed by the The Courtney Janes); and Savanna Jazz Club (Art holding court at the Wednesday jazz jam). In the middle of all this, I've been rehearsing for Twestival SF, a "Tweet-Up"/fundraiser for Clean:Water that's part of a global event taking place on Feb. 12. Music is alive and well in San Franicisco....and, thankfully so, because the various grooves have been keeping me going this week! I can recommend all these artists, at least of one whom should fit your taste in genre and do mark Feb 12 on your calendar!

No comments: