Monday, June 11, 2012

Americana in Alameda June 15




Heads up on a fun dinner show I'm doing in Alameda this coming Friday with Maurice Tani that I think you'll really enjoy.  Tani, of the acclaimed group 77 El Deora, "is consistently hailed for his highly literate alchemy of traditional music forms: wide screen ruminations ranging from rye to romantic, blending a broad set of genre-stretching influences from country, jazz, and blues to film scores, gospel and classical music."  I've been a fan of Maurice for a while and think he's truly one of the musical gems of the Bay Area.

I've got a few new songs in the mix and will be playing with the full band! This is the only full-band show I'm doing locally this month. 

Maurice and I will swap sets over the course of the evening in a cool dinner club venue. High Street Stationis a full-service cafe and truly a great place to hear live music in Alameda. Plus this show comes complete with sit-down table service.

Americana in Alameda: Maurice Tani & Deborah Crooks
High Street Station Cafe
1303 Alameda Ave, Alameda, CA 94501
Friday, June 15, 2012 7-10pm
reservations:  highstreetllc@comcast.net; 510-995-8049

No comments: