Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Read.Eat.Listen: Birthdays

My loved ones made my recent birthday as painless as possible, bestowing me with some books, food and music in the process.
Read: "Dream More" by Dolly Parton. Despite her cartoonish nature, Dolly Parton is as badass a songwriter and musician as they come. She's written over 3000 songs and plays banjo, piano, drums and autoharp as well as her guitar. You can bet she's packing some wisdom underneath those roots to have done all she's done in her life. She's also hilarious. "God and I have a great relationship, but we both see other people." — DP
Eat: After a recent yummy Indian meal out I wondered if there was a good vegan recipe for the usually very creamy Palak Paneer for which I'm a sucker. Comfort food, I tell you. This recipe subs tofu for paneer and soy yogurt for cream and appears fairly foolproof. Vegan Indian Palak 'Paneer'
Listen: We were fortunate to see Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis play when we were in Austin last year. The duo just  released "Cheater's Game," which is as great as their live show. I recommend you pick it up, too. I'm also happy to see they'll be in Berkeley in April.

No comments: