Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Read.East.Listen: Falling

Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living. — Anonymous

 In one of those slightly embarrassing moments, I tripped and fell in my own house while moving a ladder to do some painting (can't even say I was on the ladder).  The good news is I didn't break anything,  but I did bruise the hell out of my hip and knee. I had a good wail for a minute, pouted for another five, wrote what will likely be a new blues song...and then got up and finished the painting. Still, in the past few days I've woken up feeling like I've been in a car wreck. So I've been moving a bit slow, taking arnica and ... being happy there is plenty to eat and read and hear.
Read: Hold Still, by Sally Mann, was just delivered to my Kindle/iPad and I can't wait to dig in. A memoir by the acclaimed and controversial photographer, the effort has been getting great reviews, and I enjoyed the recent excerpt New York Times.

Eat: Ferments.  I love kimchi these days, as well as certain home-made pickles, so what a treat to have opportunity to order the board full of them at Gather Restaurant the other night. Pretty, too.

Listen: The always good Shelby Lynne has a new one out! "I Can't Imagine"

No comments: