Tuesday, October 30, 2007

an on the way day

I'm not feeling caught up with anything: work, the laundry, a new song that's in fragments, and the logistics of getting a limited run of CDs printed and pressed before November 11. An on the way day, I'll say. That said, I've been listening to some tracks from the new Robert Plant and Alison Krauss album "Raising Sand," that was produced by T. Bone Burnett. I was as surprised as anyone when I found out about this collaboration, but given that Robert Plant's Led Zeppelin recordings woke me up to the world of music as a kid listening to Sally's older sister's record collection, my immense respect for Krauss, and the sheer enthusiasm for music and musicians I saw Burnett demonstrate at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, I had to check it out. I think it's pretty damn good-especially the Townes Van Zandt cover of "Nothin" and the Every Brothers' "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)."

But it's also my sisters' birthday (they're twins). A Happy Birthday shout out to the beautiful, talented and lovely Cathy & Cindy.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Terry Gross (Fresh Air fame)has interviewed Robert Plant several times over the last few years. You might enjoy his discussion about using voice as an instrument and the care of the voice. Some really great stories about Zep days that you will enjoy. I did, I must admit.