Tuesday, October 23, 2007

serving on the jury...

so I can't say much this week, can I? Lots of reflecting going on at 400 McCallister, at a much nicer courthouse than I had expected, overlooking City Center..... oddly, I know four other people who are on jury duty this week. Is it a pre-holiday rush to settle disputes?

I did have a very satisfying song group this evening. Four of us all hurried to complete songs in time for the meeting amid busy work lives (I literally took images from looking outside my window between the jury and a yoga class), didn't think we had much to offer...and everyone sincerely liked everyone else's stuff. A room full of gems, all unique to each writer's voice. Why I love writing groups so much. .......

1 comment:

Karen said...

Did you get put on a case? A co-worker got assigned to the same courtroom and judge that I had a month ago.