Thursday, November 8, 2007

chutes and ladders



I almost named this post 'obstacles' but decided against it. Needless to say, the past 24 hours have felt kind of like 'chutes and ladders.' That is, all climbing and sliding and making my way through the city scape that's home right now, working on finishing an EP and an essay (my babies, aka important to me but maybe no one else) between getting to work and yoga on numerous buses. The Conversation Group moved into a light, 5th floor downtown office this week, which as been fun for both work productivity, art viewing and dining possibilities, (Salthouse is now on my list of places to try if anyone wants to meet me for lunch) but kind of exhausting and far away from artmaking as well. Nonetheless, I picked up a reference CD last night of 5 tunes I managed to record this year, which in addition to basic sound quality review served as a bit of life review. It's always a bit odd listening to something far away from the original impetus to make the thing... which I suppose is the only way to be objective about what one makes. Overall I'm happy with how things are turning out, especially given the whole process...that I said I could use a nice warm beach without a computer right about now. In lieu of that, I'm meeting Emily and Marina for some mentorship in the form of First Thursday art viewing. MOMA has my number. Olafur Eliasson, take me away......(that's his art next to the Chutes and Ladders game board, mind you)

No comments: