Wednesday, November 14, 2007

cha-cha-change

I've spent most of the day telling people things (work projects) are actually ok (as an oil free gull flies by this 5th floor office; Beth Orton singing about a concrete sky through my earphones), which they are. In the meantime, I've been thinking about change. Not quarters and dimes, but shifts in perspective, attitude. What's seen, what's not, Tipping Point territory. Anyhow, it makes me quiet. Which is good for learning new things, like alternate tuning. Rod showed me a different tuning on my guitar last week and it opened up a new vista. I played the nascent song that was born of it at my song workshop group last night. Alex pulled out a slide, and the song morphed again. This is what makes art satisfying-the change I want on bigger scales: clearer communications, more joyful experiences, happy collaborations, an end to war on all fronts-personal and political-seems possible. Another thing for which to be thankful.

No comments: