Sunday, March 30, 2008

peace out


It was off to Kosen Rufu Gongyo at the SGI Cultural Center today. I played three songs with Yoon Ki's violin accompaniment (yay) during the afternoon Youth Division celebration. I don't qualify for youth division anymore, but I'm not going to complain.


But today started with an earlyish special practice at Ashtanga Yoga San Francisco, a benefit Mysore session for Operation Shanti. Good to see some faces I haven't seen in a while, and know that funds from the day were going toward the Tracy K-led effort to help India's poorest. GREAT photos of the new shelter facilities and the street kids looking happy. Check 'em out....and donate if you can.


Before I forget, Deborah Slater Dance Theater's Desire Line featured some extremely beautiful dancing. The piece, which draws inspiration from architecture as well as the paintings of Alan Feltus, is, to me, a high mark in a very accomplished career. Hat's off to you Deborah!

No comments: