Thursday, April 24, 2008

observations


It's been more bird in the city, than bird in the tree these days, as I've been coordinating the logistics for Blogtropol.us lounge, the place for bloggers at the Web 2.0 Expo in SF this week. Blogtropol.us is a city within a city within a city within many cities, if you look at it one way: an event, that's a community within a community that's web-based, getting together in real-time within an event, held in a city. Make sense? Maybe not to anyone outside of my cranium, but it reflects my brain after the first day (a success) as I sat on the 39th floor of the Marriot looking down on dear San Francisco, the sun setting off in the west, and seagulls flying below, attempting to process it all: where I live, where I've been, what the internet does to us as a community, where we can use it successfully and where we get stuck and how, online or off, those places are usually the same. I'm back for more, readying the room, blasting music from Pandora's sweet music station, so stay tunes...err tuned, for any conclusions I may come to in this mulling.

No comments: