Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pedaling to Play


Bike to Work Day got me on my bike again this week to my renewed joy. I let PTSD from last summer's bike-taxi accident get me for the past several months, to the point of almost selling my beloved near-vintage Bontrager again. However, the part of me that remembers how much I love cycling, even slow and cautious rather than my one-time racers self knew better. Great weather in SF and the annual celebration of the joys of 'alternative' transportation made for an easy week of pedaling from home to town and all around.
So I was even happier to hear that tomorrows Bay to Breaker's gig with Ben Bernstein & Friends along the race route is going to be a pedal-powered event! Due to some ingenuity, we'll be powering the PA via bicycle. How cool is that? Proves there are sooooooooo many ways to cut energy consumption and have fun at the same time. Come say hi. BB & Pals is @ Marx Meadows from 8-11:30. I'll be playing around 10:30 (pedaling prior!) :)

No comments: