Saturday, August 2, 2008

Showing up


I stopped by the Red Vic Sessions Friday night to check out fellow songwriters and sometime bandmates Alex Walsh and Kwame Copeland. An after work party meant I arrived a little late to the gig but I did get to catch up with them post playing while, alas, missing another 'creative colleague,' Francesa Lee's show on the opposite side of the city. While Alex, Kwame and I are all about to complete new CDs (look for CD release party news in the fall), she just released a disc and has been gigging away. In the meantime, I'll be playing with Alex at next Friday's installment of the Sessions, a project initiated by Ronnie Cato. Songwriters abound in this town! Come check us out. (left is a shot from last months Socha gig where I'll be playing again in September)

No comments: