Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mission Arts & Performance Project



I've been enjoying the 5-block radius around my house ever more of late. One of the highlights of the 'hood is Red Poppy Art House. On of my frends, Derek Lassiter has a show coming up there, and I recently had a great time listening to Marcus Shelby & his trio in the room. Aside from the stellar music programming, the Poppy is often the hub for the Mission Arts & Performance Project, the kind of creative mash-up of innovation, culture and community I love.

Post yoga @ Yoga Mayu, & amid getting a new song ready for Monday's songwriting group, I'm looking forward to checking out what the neighbors are making:

"The MAPP is a bi-monthly neighborhood inter-cultural arts event that transforms garages, cafes, studios, gardens, and local businesses into make-shift arts & performance spaces where daily life meets artistic innovation and expression."

No comments: