Friday, August 14, 2009

Gap Born to Play Live! In Salinas, 8/20


I'm excited to be a part of the Gap Born to Play live event on August 20.
On August 20, 2009, every Gap store in the U.S. and Canada will host an exclusive, live acoustic music night to 'celebrate Gap’s 40 years of heritage in jeans and music.' I'll be holding down The Gap store at The Northridge Mall in Salinas. This makes me happy for a couple of different reasons: First, simply to have opportunity to be part of the 'largest-ever simultaneous live acoustic music event,'and second, I LOVE that I got Salinas. As a Californian who was reared in an ag town not so far from Salinas, I grew up reading (and getting influenced by) a lot of Steinbeck, who was born there. So it feels very apropos — I hope you'll come on down and/or tune in. Kwame Copeland will be backing me on lead guitar.

Deborah Crooks @ GAP Born to Play Live, The Gap, Northridge Mall, 544 N MAIN ST SALINAS, CA 93901-2820 August 20 7-9pm

2 comments:

Sally said...

Northridge is where our family shopped before Capitola Mall emerged from the bulb fields. :) Have fun!

Bird in the Tree said...

thanks Sal! I know isn't it funny. Will be sure to play "leo leo leo" ;-)