Sunday, December 16, 2007

'tis the season

Hayes Valley has been holiday shopper crazy much of the weekend meaning our usually weekend brunch and lunch destination status has been that much more elevated. Likewise, the Delancy Street Christmas Tree Lot at the end of Linden St. means our beloved alley-esque street (and home to Blue Bottle) is that more congested. I walked over and got a wreath for my door yesterday amid catching up on my home life. The apartment purge is opening up space but I'm not about to add a tree to mix. That said, I was happy to find the lot was selling trees raised in a sustainable/organic fashion and the proceeds from sales goes to support the Delancey Street Foundation, a renowned organization helping addicts and ex-convicts (and purportedly our mayor) in their recovery.

No comments: